Life is indeed full of so many things to choose from. Therefore, not only should you have a lifestyle of prayer, you should operate in the right order. Last time you heard from me you were encouraged to pray in order to find balance in your life. I hope you have been applying our first P. Remember PPP Houraaay!!! These three Ps will encourage you and uplift you! Today we are going to talk about our second P.
If you want to better balance your life, you have to set your priorities . In the amplified version the bible reads
“But first and most importantly seek (aim at, strive after) His kingdom and His righteousness [His way of doing and being right–the attitude and character of God], and all these things will be given to you also.”
Your priority should be to glorify God in every thing you do. Use everything you have to glorify God. Do you have a Beautiful voice that can make pleasant melodies? Then sing for God. Can you use your hands to do craftings, braids, fixing things in the house… You have the devine gift of crafting. Use it to glorify God. look at all the skills you have! They have been given to you by God therefore use them to glorify God! When you use your gifts and talents to glorify God you set the right priorities.
– Prioritize developing an intimacy with God. How do you do that? The same way you develop any other relationships that is dear to you. You spend time together, you talk to each other more often, you appreciate each other with compliments, gifts …you give to one another and so on. Spending time with God is the way you become intimate with him.
– Prioritize Learning new skills. You are not omniscient, you don’t know everything , it does not hurt to ask and learn from others. listen more than you talk with the purpose of learning. Gaining new skills is one of the most important things you can do to develop yourself . It helps you to achieve your goals, gives you more confidence, and enhances your motivation to work. For example Learn how to swim ,how to drive, how to ride a bike, how to sow, how to braid it is never too late! These little things are good to know, they are important.
– Prioritize using the skills you have developed by giving back, in your community. Depending on your own skill set and the unique nature of your own community, you will find many opportunities to help those around you. Here are a few ideas to spark your giving side and get you serving those who need help in your community. You can donate the little extra that you have to the needy. You can volunteer in a school, a church or even a hospital. You can organize fundraising for a cause.
– Prioritize Training others to free yourself, delegate . You can not do all things.
– Serve with your family, do ministry together in your local church.By doing so you kill two birds with one stone. You spend time together as a family and you Serve God, you teach your children and when they grow they will not depart from it!
– Prioritize Resting. Find time to rest and relax. It should be intentional. Resting is not laziness. Rest is vital for better mental health. Rest increases concentration and memory. Rest increases a healthier immune system. Rest reduces stress and improves mood and even a better metabolism. These are just some benefits of resting.
Balancing life is not easy, it’s an ongoing challenge, but if you set the right priorities you will be OKAY.
Always remember that the grace of God is available to all vessels.