It’s been a while.
Today we’re gonna be looking at a quick, easy and fluffy breakfast known as the Nigerian Pancake.
So what’s a Nigerian Pancake?
It’s a French version of pancakes personalized to suit our Nigerian taste buds, with the following ingredients:
- 150g plain flour
- Sugar (to taste)
- 1 teaspoonful of baking powder (optional)
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of minced onions
- 2 medium eggs
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter/margarine
- Ground chilli pepper (to taste)
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup of Water.
Actually we love it a bit spicy. You can also add other spices if you want.
- Put margarine in small bowl. Place in a bigger bowl of hot water to melt the margarine.
- Break two eggs into the melted margarine and beat till smooth. Then add ½ cup of water.
- Add the flour and mix well till there are minimal lumps.
- Add the milk, salt, sugar, baking powder, ground nutmeg, ground pepper, onion and the remaining ½ cup of water, stir well until there are no lumps. Or better still, use a liquid blender to give your batter the smoothest consistency.
- Place a little oil in a non-stick pan, spread the oil with a brush to grease the whole surface and heat up until hot.
- Using a ladle, scoop some of the pancake batter and pour into the hot pan. Gently tilt the pan, so the batter can coat the surface of the pan evenly.
- Cook one side of the pancake for a few seconds, then flip over and cook the other side.
- Place the pancake on a plate. Add some honey or just roll it like a swiss roll (which ever way you want) and serve.
There you go. You have a healthy and lovely breakfast, and you are ready to break your fast! 😉
(image gotten from Cooking Sense Magazine)
Thanks for having me. 🙏
Do not fail to like, comment and share this piece. If you have any questions, please ask, or friend me on Qavaa. 🥰
We got you.
See you soon.